After the success of the first and second clinics on January 12, 2014 and March 15, 2014, respectively, the third Criterium Skills Clinic powered by CCSD will be held from 9:00am to 12 noon on Saturday, August 9, 2014. Clinic limited to 60 athletes. This clinic will be located on the Huennekens criterium course in Mira Mesa, San Diego. This clinic is coached by Level 1 USAC coaches, plus a former professional cyclist.
By attending the complete program, first-time attendee athletes receive 2 qualifying race days for a category 5 to 4 upgrade, or 2 upgrade points for a category 4 to 3 upgrade. For those attending a second time, you will receive 1 qualifying race day for a category 5 to 4 upgrade, or 1 upgrade point for a category 4 to 3 upgrade.
Note that for 2017 and beyond, current BRP information can be found on the SCNCA web site.
- On and off the bike training with USA Cycling Level 1 Coaches and retired professional Cody Stevenson (Adageo Energy, Jittery Joes)
- 15 to 20-minute Training Practice Races, broken into multiple fields and by category/gender
- Includes 5 Criterium specific Take-Home Workouts
- Bring water and snack
- Mechanic on hand for quick adjustments
- Rules You Need to Know
- Warm up Technique
- Racing Technique
- Male Cat 4/5 racers and female Cat 3/4 racers
- Male Cat 3/4 racers new to racing (last 3 years)
- Male Masters 45/55/60+ racers new to racing (last 3 years)
Coached by Gary Tingley, Robert Panzera, and Cody Stevenson.
All participants must be USAC licensed, sign a release form, and wear a helmet.