After the success of the first and second clinics on January 12, 2014 and March 15, 2014, respectively, the third Criterium Skills Clinic powered by CCSD will be held from 9:00am to 12 noon on Saturday, August 9, 2014. Registration is $35. Clinic limited to 60 athletes. This clinic will be located on the Huennekens criterium course in Mira Mesa, San Diego. This clinic is coached by Level 1 USAC coaches, plus a former professional cyclist.
By attending the complete program, first-time attendee athletes receive 2 qualifying race days for a category 5 to 4 upgrade, or 2 upgrade points for a category 4 to 3 upgrade. For those attending a second time, you will receive 1 qualifying race day for a category 5 to 4 upgrade, or 1 upgrade point for a category 4 to 3 upgrade.
Note that for 2017 and beyond, current BRP information can be found on the SCNCA web site.
- On and off the bike training with USA Cycling Level 1 Coaches and retired professional Cody Stevenson (Adageo Energy, Jittery Joes)
- 15 to 20-minute Training Practice Races, broken into multiple fields and by category/gender
- Includes 5 Criterium specific Take-Home Workouts
- Bring water and snack
- Mechanic on hand for quick adjustments
- Rules You Need to Know
- Warm up Technique
- Racing Technique
- Male Cat 4/5 racers and female Cat 3/4 racers
- Male Cat 3/4 racers new to racing (last 3 years)
- Male Masters 45/55/60+ racers new to racing (last 3 years)
Coached by Gary Tingley, Robert Panzera, and Cody Stevenson.
All participants must be USAC licensed, sign a release form, and wear a helmet.